Gah, v3

· by Steve · Read in about 1 min · (136 Words)

I was juggling some network cables today as I tested the hardware I plan to use to replace my Linux server. The good news is the Linux server worked fine, I just plan to order a couple of 80Gb hard drives to mirror on it and it’ll be up and running. The bad news is that I noticed while rearranging said network cables that my wireless acces point was completely blank. I know it was working on Friday when I discovered the damage to the Linux server, but it appears to now be knackered. I’ve been powering everything down every night due to the poor safety condition of the PSU setup I’m using, I suspect after powering down it never wanted to power up again.

Bah, this is turning out to be an expensive month. 🙁