A few manual mesh issues

· by Steve · Read in about 1 min · (202 Words)

Manual meshes were not prepping for volume constructions properly, and there were some issues with prepping meshes which used shared vertex buffers for multiple components. These are now fixed.

I still have a number of issues with animated meshes which I’m sure are related - that is the hardware skinning disappearing shadow problem, and the D3D9-fullscreen-software-blend glitch, neither of which I’ve been ableto explain despite detailed tracing through the code. I have also found that if I prepare an animated mesh for volume construction more than once, I get random crashes a few frames later, which suggests there is a buffer overrun somewhere. Static meshes are fine if prepped multiple times. If I prep the animated mesh only once, it’s fine, but this might just be because it doesn’t overflow badly enough the first time. Tracking these issues is a nightmare, but I think once I find one, I may very well solve the others. All I need is a lucky break - so far detailed debugging has not shown up any issues, but I know from experience these things are elusive. That makes it a giant black hole for time unfortunately, when I’d much rather be moving onto other things. 🙁